Residents, interested in attending the Quarterly Meetings in Springfield?
SHPA, with the support of the Woods Fund of Chicago, has an Advocacy Account that covers all costs for residents who want to attend and participate in the Quarterly meetings. Click HERE for the Advocacy Account Application.
2012 Resident Committee Conference Call Dates
Meetings are scheduled on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 2:00 p.m. The conference call number is 1-888-296-6500. The code is 292814#.
Get all the Resident resources from the Quarterly Meetings
Supportive Housing Residents are Their Own Best Advocates!
Supportive housing residents are powerful, effective spokespeople for supportive housing. At SHPA, we believe in harnessing that energy and empowering residents by giving them the tools to create change at the local and state level by providing countless opportunities to learn, grow and engage.
Through the SHPA Residents Advocacy program, residents participate in activities like advocacy workshops, providing input on the issues included in SHPA's annual legislative priorities, and sharing best practices to help case managers improve their level of service.
All residents of supportive housing across the state are invited to join the SHPA Residents Committee. We meet in person at each SHPA Quarterly Meeting and in between the quarterly meetings by a combination of conference call and in-person meetings. The purpose of the SHPA Residents Committee is:
· To work on issues common to residents across the state.
· To enlighten the communities where our supportive sing buildings are located, including developing strategies to improve relations between residents and neighbors.
· To encourage each other’s participation in civic activities, including registering new voters,
· Turning people out to vote, and meeting with legislators. Committee members will share stories and strategies.
· To educate providers and ourselves about issues of concern to residents, for example, healthcare issues and tenants rights.
· To help providers who are SHPA members to understand residents better so we can work together better.
· Share information with residents across the state through a newsletter.
Here’s why you should join the SHPA Residents Committee:
To join the SHPA Residents Committee, contact:Johnna Lowe, Resident Education & Advocacy Coordinator
Supportive Housing Providers Association212 E. Ohio, Suite 500Chicago, IL 60611Phone: 312-202-0256Fax: 773-935-4662Email: email@example.com
The Supportive Housing Providers Association gratefully acknowledges the support of the Woods Fund of Chicago in all our work with the residents of supportive housing.