NEW Members click HERE to print off form and join SHPA today!
RENEW Membership HERE!
Click HERE to join a SHPA Committee!
Members of SHPA have one common goal: To ensure that every man, woman and child has access to quality housing and supportive services as needed in the least restrictive environment. We also share a common belief–that our goal to end homelessness is much more attainable if we work TOGETHER.
TOGETHER we have housed over 12,000 individuals across Illinois. TOGETHER we plan to create thousands more units of permanent supportive housing, enabling more people to have a place that they can call home.
Despite the bleak economic climate, SHPA has accomplished some remarkable feats in the past year. Look at just a few of the amazing things we did by working TOGETHER:
• negotiated an increase of supportive housing funding through the Legislature at 100% of FY 2015 funding levels, after the Governor proposed to eliminate all funding for supportive housing.
• Continued to advocate for successful implementation of the Williams v. Quinn Consent Decree for those who are inappropriately housed in nursing homes wishing to transition back into the community.
• Provided high-quality training and technical assistance to supportive housing providers via webinars, in-person training, monthly conference calls and one-on-one support.
• Partnered with Housing Action Illinois to continue the SHPA/HAIL Continuum of Care Committee, providing an ongoing forum for information exchange, brainstorming and advocacy for Continuums of Care in Illinois.
• Successfully advocated for inclusion of supportive housing in the state’s Section 1115 Medicaid waiver application to the federal government. Through SHPA’s input, the waiver application identifies $60 million to be spent for “stable housing” over a five year period for individuals with “complex health issues”, including mental health, substance abuse and homelessness.
• And TOGETHER in 2018, we plan to accomplish so much more!
We WILL continue to work to ensure the survival of our member organizations. We WILL continue the fight for a responsible budget in Illinois. We WILL continue to connect SHPA members to state and national advocacy efforts—it is our united strength that has continued to get us the funding that we need. Finally, through our quarterly statewide and other regional meetings, we WILL continue to network, share, and inspire one other.
We hope that you can see the value in being a part of the SHPA family. By becoming a member of SHPA, you not only make an incredible investment in your own organization, you make and investment in a strong future for all of us. Every dollar saved from state cuts, every new unit of housing developed, every family no longer living on the street is a return on your investment. All of this is possible when we commit to working TOGETHER.
2018 SHPA Members
A Safe Haven Foundation
AIDS Foundation of Chicago
Alexian Brothers Housing & Health Partners
Ambassadors for Christ Community Development Corp.
Association for Individuals Development
Catholic Charities Arch-Diocese of Chicago
Catholic Charities Joliet
CDBG Operations Corporation
Center for Housing & Health
Center on Halsted
Centerstone of Illinois
Chestnut Health Systems
Chicago House & Social Service Agency
Christian Community Health Ministries
All Chicago, Chicago Continuum of Care
Connections for the Homeless
Continuum of Care for Kane County
Alliance to End Homelessness in Suburban Cook County
Corporation for Supportive Housing
Crosspoint Human Services
D&O Properties, Lucy Brownley
Decatur/Macon County Continuum of Care
Dekalb Continuum of Care
Ecker Center for Mental Health
DOVE, Inc / Homeward Bound
DuPage County Continuum of Care
DuPage Pads Inc.
Embarras River Basin Agency
Facing Forward to End Homelessness
Ford Heights Community Service Organization
Grand Prairie Services
Heart of Illinois Continuum of Care
Heartland Continuum of Care/Youth Service Bureau
Heartland Housing, Inc.
Heritage Behavior Health Center
Hesed House – Public Action to Deliver (PADS Aurora)
Housing Opportunities for Women
Human Resource Development Institute
IL Facilities Fund
Impact Behavioral Health
Inner Voice, Inc.
Interdependent Living Solutions
Joliet/Will Continuum of Care/Will County Center for Community Concerns
La Casa Norte Inc.
Light The Way, Inc
Madison County Community Development
Mayor’s Task Force
McHenry County Continuum of Care
MCS Community Services
Mercy Housing Lakefront
PADS, Inc (PADS Lake County)
Phoenix Community Development Services
Primo Center for Women & Children
Project Now, Inc.
Renaissance Social Services
Revive Center for Housing & Healing
Sertoma Centre, Inc
South-Central Illinois Continuum of Care
Southern Illinois Continuum of Care
Southern Illinois Counseling Center
The Renaissance Collaborative
Together We Cope