Click HERE for a Brochure
NEW Members click HERE to print off form and join SHPA today!
RENEW Membership HERE!
Click HERE to join a SHPA Committee!
Members of SHPA have one common goal: To ensure that every man, woman and child has access to quality affordable housing and supportive services as needed in the least restrictive environment. We also share a common belief–that our goal to end homelessness is much more attainable if we work TOGETHER.
TOGETHER we have housed over 16,000 individuals across Illinois. TOGETHER we plan to create thousands more units of permanent supportive housing, enabling more people to have a place that they can call home.
Despite the bleak economic history, the last few years, SHPA has accomplished some remarkable feats in 2019. Look at just a few of the amazing things we did by working TOGETHER:
- Successfully advocated for $41.2 million in funding for supportive housing services, an $8.4 million increase from 2018 and an increase of 26%, the largest since 2013.
- Supported the passage of a $41 billion capital budget, that includes $200 million for affordable housing.
- together with our partners secured a $4 million increase to homeless prevention funding.
- Continued to advocate for successful implementation of the Williams v. Quinn Consent Decree for those who are inappropriately housed in nursing homes wishing to transition back into the community.
- Provided high-quality training and technical assistance to supportive housing providers via webinars, in-person training, monthly conference calls and one-on-one support.
- Partnered with Housing Action Illinois to continue the SHPA/HAIL Continuum of Care Committee, providing an ongoing forum for information exchange, brainstorming and advocacy for Continuums of Care in Illinois.
- And TOGETHER in 2020, we plan to accomplish so much more!
We WILL continue to work to ensure the sustainability and expansion of our member organizations. We WILL continue the fight for a responsible budget in Illinois. We WILL continue to connect SHPA members to state and national advocacy efforts—it is our united strength that has continued to get us the funding that we need. Finally, through our two statewide conferences per year and other regional meetings, we WILL continue to network, share, and inspire one other.
We hope that you can see the value in being a part of the SHPA family. By becoming a member of SHPA, you not only make an incredible investment in your own organization, you make and investment in a strong future for all of us. Every dollar saved from state cuts, every new unit of housing developed, every family no longer living on the street is a return on your investment. All of this is possible when we commit to working TOGETHER.
2019 SHPA Members
- A Safe Haven Foundation
- Above & Beyond
- AIDS Foundation of Chicago
- All Chicago, Chicago Continuum of Care
- Alliance to End Homelessness in Suburban Cook County
- Amita/Alexian Brothers Housing & Health Alliance
- Association for Individual Development
- Brinshore Development
- Carpenter’s Place
- Catholic Charities Archdiocese of Chicago
- Catholic Charities, Diocese of Joliet
- CDBG Operations Corporation
- Center for Housing and Health
- Center for Prevention and Abuse
- Center on Halsted
- Centerstone of Illinois
- Champaign County Continuum of Service Providers to the Homeless
- Chestnut Health Systems
- Chicago Area Fair Housing Alliance (CAFHA)*
- Chicago House
- Christian Community Health Ministries
- Connections for the Homeless
- Cornerstone Community Development Organizations
- Cornerstone Services
- Corporation for Supportive Housing
- Deborah’s Place
- Decatur/Macon Co. Continuum of Care/Homeward Bound
- Dekalb Continuum of Care
- DeLaCerda House
- DOVE, Inc
- DuPage County Continuum of Care
- DuPage Pads Inc.
- Ecker Center for Mental Health
- Embarras River Basin
- Grand Prairie Services
- Heartland Continuum of Care
- Heartland Housing, Inc.
- Helping Hands
- Heritage Behavioral Health Center
- Hesed House – Public Action to Deliver (PADS Aurora)
- Home for All Continuum of Care
- Housing Action Illinois*
- Housing Forward
- Housing Opportunities for Women
- Human Resource Development Institute
- Illinois Housing Council (IHC)*
- Illinois Partners for Human Services*
- Impact Behavioral Health
- Inner Voice, Inc.
- Inspiration Corporation
- Interdependent Living Solutions
- Joliet/Will Continuum of Care/Will County Center for Community Concerns
- La Casa Norte Inc.
- Lake County Crisis Center / A Safe Place
- Light The Way, Inc
- Lighten-Gale Group
- Madison County Community Development
- McHenry County Community Development
- MCS Community Services
- Mercy Housing Lakefront
- PADS, Inc (PADS Lake County)
- Phoenix Community Development Services
- Primo Center for Women & Children
- Project Now, Inc.
- Respond Now
- Renaissance Social Services
- ReVive Center for Housing and Healing Sarah’s Circle
- South Suburban PADS
- South-Central Illinois Continuum of Care
- Southern Illinois Coalition for the Homeless
- Southern Illinois Continuum of Care
- The Children’s Place
- The Renaissance Collaborative
- The Salvation Army (Metropolitan, Mid-West & Heartland Divisions)
- Together We Cope
- Trinity Services