Click HERE for a Brochure
NEW Members click HERE to print off form and join SHPA today!
RENEW Membership HERE!
Click HERE to join a SHPA Committee!
Members of SHPA have one common goal: To ensure that every man, woman and child has access to quality affordable housing and supportive services as needed in the least restrictive environment. We also share a common belief–that our goal to end homelessness is much more attainable if we work TOGETHER.
TOGETHER we have housed over 16,000 individuals across Illinois. TOGETHER we plan to create thousands more units of permanent supportive housing, enabling more people to have a place that they can call home.
Despite the bleak economic history, the last few years, SHPA has accomplished some remarkable feats in 2019. Look at just a few of the amazing things we did by working TOGETHER:
- Successfully advocated for $41.2 million in funding for supportive housing services, an $8.4 million increase from 2018 and an increase of 26%, the largest since 2013.
- Supported the passage of a $41 billion capital budget, that includes $200 million for affordable housing.
- together with our partners secured a $4 million increase to homeless prevention funding.
- Continued to advocate for successful implementation of the Williams v. Quinn Consent Decree for those who are inappropriately housed in nursing homes wishing to transition back into the community.
- Provided high-quality training and technical assistance to supportive housing providers via webinars, in-person training, monthly conference calls and one-on-one support.
- Partnered with Housing Action Illinois to continue the SHPA/HAIL Continuum of Care Committee, providing an ongoing forum for information exchange, brainstorming and advocacy for Continuums of Care in Illinois.
- And TOGETHER in 2020, we plan to accomplish so much more!
We WILL continue to work to ensure the sustainability and expansion of our member organizations. We WILL continue the fight for a responsible budget in Illinois. We WILL continue to connect SHPA members to state and national advocacy efforts—it is our united strength that has continued to get us the funding that we need. Finally, through our two statewide conferences per year and other regional meetings, we WILL continue to network, share, and inspire one other.
We hope that you can see the value in being a part of the SHPA family. By becoming a member of SHPA, you not only make an incredible investment in your own organization, you make and investment in a strong future for all of us. Every dollar saved from state cuts, every new unit of housing developed, every family no longer living on the street is a return on your investment. All of this is possible when we commit to working TOGETHER.
2019 SHPA Members
A Safe Haven Foundation
Above & Beyond
Association for Individual Development
AIDS Foundation of Chicago
Alexian Brothers Housing & Health Alliance
All Chicago, Chicago Continuum of Care
Alliance to End Homeless in Suburban Cook County
Ambassadors for Christ Community Development Corp.
Catholic Charities, Archdiocese of Chicago
Catholic Charities of Joliet
CDBG Operations Corporation
Center on Halsted
Center for Housing & Health
Centerstone of Illinois
Champaign Continuum of Care
Chestnut Health Systems
Chicago House and Social Services
Christian Community Health Center
Connections for the Homeless
Continuum of Care of Kane County
Corporation for Supportive Housing
Crosspoint Human Services
D & O Properties
Decatur/Macon County Continuum of Care
Dekalb Continuum of Care
Dream Center of Peoria
DuPage County Continuum of Care
DuPage PAD’s Inc
Ecker Center for Mental Health
Embarras River Basin Agency
Facing Forward to End Homelessness
Ford Heights Community Service Organization
Grand Prairie Services
Heart of Illinois Continuum of Care
Heartland Continuum of Care
Heartland Housing, Inc
Helping Hands of Springfield
Heritage Behavioral Health Center
Housing Action Illinois
Housing Opportunities for Women
Human Resources Development Institute
Illinois Housing Council
Impact Behavioral Health
Inner Voice, Inc
Interdependent Living Solutions
Joliet/Will County Continuum of Care
La Casa Norte, Inc
Light the Way, Inc
Madison County Community Development
Matthew House of Chicago
McHenry County Continuum of Care
MCS Community Services
Mercy Housing Lakefront
Phoenix Community Development
Primo Center for Women & Children
Project Now, Inc
Renaissance Social Services
Revive Center for Housing & Healing
Rockford/Winnebago/Boone Continuum of Care
South-Central Illinois Continuum of Care
Southern Illinois Coalition for the Homeless
Southern Illinois Continuum of Care
The Renaissance Collaborative
Together We Cope
Trinity Services, Inc
Trilogy Behavioral Health