The seeds of change are found in everyday experience. The stories of people who live in supportive housing can shed light on important issues, such as what it is like to experience homelessness or live with mental illness or a disability.
But figuring out how to tell your story can be a struggle. Where do you start? What do you include? How can you tell it so that people remember what you said and are moved to action?
Join SHPA and Housing Action Illinois for a workshop in which we will explore all of this and more. After talking about what makes a story compelling and sharing tips for how to catch and keep people’s attention, we’ll practice putting these ideas into action.
All workshop participants will have the chance to share their stories for publication online or in a print magazine.
Each workshop will be four hours long (10am-2pm), and lunch will be provided.
- Mount Vernon (Rend Lake College Marketplace) – March 14
- Peoria (Southside Office of Concern) – May 9
- Rockford (Katie’s Cup) – July 18
- Hillside (Metro Chicago Area) – August 8
- Chicago (Catholic Charities – 2601 W Marquette Rd, Chicago, IL 60629) – August 22