Take the mystery out of state grant making with our online training: Your Recipe for Grant Success! Learn at your own pace with modules containing everything you need to know to be successful with grants. Find out:
• How to prepare to apply for a state grant via Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO).
• Where to look for available grants.
• What goes into a winning grant application.
• General application submission guidelines and requirements.
• Governance requirements and where to find them.
• Grant reporting information once a grant is secured.
This training will consist of a high-level overview and introduction to the online workshop.
The online workshop was developed in 2020 by the Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) with support from the University of Illinois Springfield and Luma Brighter Learning. The purpose of the workshop is to break down the grant process into simple steps in order to clearly articulate to participants what it means to be in compliance with the Grant Accountability and Transparency Act (GATA) of 2014, 30 ILCS 708/1 et seq. By law, GATA requires the adoption of federal rules (the Uniform Guidance) in Illinois grant making. GATA was created to ensure a coordinated, transparent process for efficient oversight of grant recipient selection and monitoring. The process also promotes quality programs and limits fraud, waste, and abuse.
Participants will leave the experience seeing that GATA is a process that is approachable and doable.
Specifically, participants will see that anyone can complete this process!